The Certificate in College and University Teaching (CCUT) is an interdisciplinary graduate certificate designed for graduate student instructors to reflect on and improve their teaching. To receive this certificate, I completed the following requirements:
- Attend campus-wide and departmental trainings and reflect on numerical and written student evaluations for all Teaching Assistant positions
- Participate in an approved pedagogy-centered course or program
- Complete a research-based project or paper centered on improving instruction with technology
- Teach a course as Instructor of Record and reflect on numerical and written student evaluations
- Prepare a comprehensive teaching portfolio that describes and reflects on the requirements of the Certificate
I am planning to submit my teaching portfolio for approval in Fall 2018. Once approved, you can view my complete portfolio here.